View Single Post
Old 04-30-20, 01:59 PM
Okiewan

Bikes: 2020 Trek FX3 Disc, Townie 7D (her's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Speedway2
Some days I just want to jump on the bike with a T-shirt/cargo shorts. My 90's rigid mountain bike with slicks became my Go To bike but I felt it was time to modernize my ride. ie. 700c wheels, disc brakes, Urban frame geometry and comfort.

The days of stretching on the lycra shorts, finding a matching skin tight jersey and wadelling in my road cleats are numbered for this Old fart. Besides, I've seen my reflection in the windows and it ain't very complementary no matter what my wife says......but I digress
Nailed it. I avoid reflections/mirrors at all costs. I'll be 60 in August (I can't believe it), I'm in it now for the exercise and riding around the 'hood with my wife (Townie 7d). Just picked-up a new bike Tuesday (and recently joined here), a 2020 FX3. As I'll be riding some hardpack fairly often, I ordered a pair of G-One Allround tubeless in 700x38 and a Commuter Comp saddle for my sore backside. A little wider and more padding than the stock item, without looking grandpa (which I am). I'm good to go! Love the hybrid.
Likes For Okiewan: