View Single Post
Old 05-01-20, 07:27 PM
ember1205

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Papa Tom
I am all for supporting local bike shops, too, but, like you, I ride an older bike that the shops around here don't "support" anymore. The two shops I used to be able to rely on went out of business in the past 12 months.

That said, I ride a 1995-96 GT Outpost and I have a bunch of spare parts, some of which you can have if you're willing to drive out to Nassau County, Long Island to pick them up. Can you show me a pic of the handlebars you want?
That's a generous offer, and much appreciated. Below is a pic of the bike (along with my Alta) that I'm going to be doing some refurb work on. I don't yet know that new handlebars are necessary as they may well be chrome that is dulled (in addition to having some surface rust). If that's the case, they will clean up quite nicely with some aluminum foil and water (the supposed need to use cola, vinegar, or something acid is actually false - I restored some fairly rusted chrome exhaust pipes on a motorcycle with just aluminum foil and a. little water).