Old 05-04-20, 11:21 PM
TimbyMaTombo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question about slight damage to carbon fork on '97 LeMond Zurich *now with pictures*

Just picked up a '97 LeMond Zurich with full Shimano 105 a couple days ago that needs a good cleaning and tune up. Overall the frame is in pretty good condition with some nicks and small spots of rust. I'm planning on tearing the bike down to the frame to clean up all the parts but an concerned about the front fork. It's got a pretty good sized nick in the... shoulder (?) of the carbon fork. It's hard to tell if the carbon itself is damaged or just the paint but I am probably going to start looking for a replacement fork regardless just in case.

Looking online, I would have no qualms switching to an alloy fork but I'm not sure how to make sure it is compatible. As far as I know it is a 1" threadless fork with a 47mm rake. I'm trying to attach some pictures of the fork but I assume I will need it professionally inspected to know for certain if it's safe.

How would I go about finding a compatible fork? Could I expect to find an alloy one or would finding another stock for be the only viable option
Thanks

Last edited by TimbyMaTombo; 05-06-20 at 03:25 PM. Reason: New title for updated pictures