Old 05-05-20, 03:44 PM
mtnroads

Bikes: Spec Roubaix Expert, Cannondale CAAD12, Jamis Quest ELite, Jamis Dragon Pro, Waterford ST-22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
I have all kinds of feet problems, a neuroma in one foot and metatarsalgia (ball of foot pain) in both. Probably from years of trail running and too tight cycling shoes decades ago. Any tightness across the ball of my foot makes it worse, so I need shoes that are wide in the forefoot. It got so bad that the "hot foot" would set in after 20 miles or so, which became really limiting. After years of trying Shimano, Sidi Megas, Bontrager, etc, I finally forked over the money and bought a pair of Lakes (CX237 Wide) a couple years ago and it was a godsend. I can bike relatively pain free again.

The damage is done so I'm not suddenly doing 100k but I can bike for 25-30 miles, or double that with a lunch break and rarely get any pain at all. Good enough for me at this point. They are the only truly wide cycling shoes I've found, and the shape of the last and quality of the shoe are excellent. The standard fit is wider than Sidi Megas and the Wide is even wider. I just bought a second pair (CX241 Wide) and they are even more comfortable. They use real leather and it molds to your foot unlike all the synthetic crap.

Last edited by mtnroads; 05-05-20 at 03:52 PM.