View Single Post
Old 05-11-20, 10:10 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,645 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott
It is made primarily for head/tail light display and control. My Edge 130 "establishes a network" when I turn it and the radar on. However, the 130 is rather primitive; the only thing it displays is the battery level for the radar (and of course the radar signals themselves). On higher-level Edges, I think it allows control of various lights through one of the optional downloadable "apps." I was thinking of getting those little Bontrager lights so I could geek out with a light network, but then I discovered the only thing the Edge would do is tell me they were on or off.

So, unless your watch allows you to download and implement the same sorts of apps, I suspect it is limited to Edge units.
Thanks for this info.

Turns out my watch can wake the Varia from standby mode, and tell me about cars. But that's it. I can't even seem to get the battery level in the radar unit. It does run apps, I'll look through them. But I guess when you get right down to it, that's all I really need.

I forgot over the last few years what it's like to ride with one. And traffic is still light here. I'm riding out in the lane where the pavement is better (less cracked) and there isn't as much debris. The thing tells me well in advance of when I need to move over.