Old 05-12-20, 01:13 PM
sdowen
City Explorer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Picking the right Tubless tire for FX 3

Who knew tubeless tire shopping for your bike would be this convoluted. None of tire companies make any effort to clarify or simply their sites to find a tire according to the riders requirements. You’d think they’d have a tire selector if some kind.

I’ve come up with two possible Tubeless tire tire upgrades for my FX 3.

- Continental Grand Prix 5000 TL
- Hutchinson Override Gravel (which is more of a hybrid road tire with some gravel handling)

Most of my riding with be done on the pavement with occasional rides over grass, dry packed gravel and maintained tree/branch free dirt paths in Edmonton’s River Valley.

I’m trying to find a compromise between fast rolling road tire, traction over lose gravel on the road and some occasional dry gravel and dirt riding on dry warm summer days. The majority if time will be spent on paved surfaces.

Other than the two tubeless tires I’ve selected, what other tires/brands should I consider for my needs? I’m looking to stay between 32c - 35c for the tire.

I’m leaning towards the Hutchinson Override as a best comprise of a fast rolling tire with some gravel handling. It’s little bit of a joke for Hutchinson to call it a gravel tire when it has no where near a deep enough treads to be considers a true gravel bike tire.

Last edited by sdowen; 05-12-20 at 01:17 PM.