Old 05-16-20, 12:11 PM
sweetspot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
help me choose the right size of the frame

Hi,

I am currently riding a Jamis Renegade Exploit 54 size bike with 30 mm spacers and 100 mm -6 stem. It fits me well but I am switching to titanium Enigma Escape and I have a big dilemma what size I should choose? 54 or 56? It would be easy if both sizes have the same seat tube angle and only different top tube lengths. But it is not that simple because size 54 has 74 seat tube angle and 540 mm top tube whereas 56 has 73 seat tube angle and 560 mm top tube. Effectively 56 has only slightly longer reach but due to the longer head tube (165 vs 145 mm) the stack is much bigger. What is even more interesting, the reach and stack of Enigma size 54 are very similar to my current bike but I am afraid that 74 seat tube angle and 540 mm top tube will feel worse than my current 73 seat tube angle and 551 mm top tube length.

Then there is also the topic of weight. Size 54 has thinner tubes and lower seat tube so it should be more compliant but with my 85 kg of weight I am afraid that the frame will be too flexy and I should go with thicker tubes of bigger 56 size.

I am 178 cm tall and my inseam is 85 cm.

What do you think?
Here is the link to the bike in question:
https://www.enigmabikes.com/pages/enigma-escape

Thanks for any advice!