View Single Post
Old 05-16-20, 07:26 PM
wthensler 

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR 7, 2012 Giant Defy 0, 2012 Trek Domane 6.2 P1, Bianchi Infinito CV disc Di2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 250 Posts
Well, that’s one down.....

Many of you may know I’ve been in the market for a new road bike or two. Today I test rode the Bianchi Infinito CV Disc Di2. I wanted something a bit more relaxed than an all out racing bike, and this model offers what they call their Countervale technology throughout the frame. I test rode it about 8 miles or so...and decided it’s a go!

Definitely handles the bumps better than the Giant Defy, but it is a heavier bike. I like the frame and the relaxed geometry. Feels much closer to the Domane in terms of handling. I really like the stack (size 57), and the LBS is willing to put on 46cm bars and 175mm cranks to customize it more to my liking. The hoods really sit forward on these newer Shimano group sets, so I’ll have to shorten up the stem a tad (I ride the hoods a lot).

Also the ENVE 65 tubeless wheels and 28mm tires will be a major upgrade (not shown, these are the stock Fulcrums). Shimano components didn’t disappoint, the Fizik saddle is comfy, and I think it’s a real looker.

I thought the cabling at the head could have been a little neater, and the front disc felt a bit “grabby” to me, but other than that I could see no glaring flaws or shortcomings. This will be a welcome addition to the growing stable of bikes. So, one down.......

Last edited by wthensler; 05-16-20 at 07:32 PM.
Likes For wthensler: