Old 05-19-20, 09:54 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by paparufus
. Is the market for classic Italian bikes in a slump right now ? Bike shops are selling modern bikes like crazy now due to Covid.
Yes

my example is an extreme one - but after languishing on FB Marketplace for a year with a $750 asking price I lowered it to $600 and eventually took $400 (with a nice Turbo saddle installed onstead of that weird one on there in the pic) - this is a steel main frame Opera with D-A 7800 groupset - a classic marque with a modernish groupset that can run with anything new

I let go of it at $400 only after having several exchanges with the new owner and it indicated he was truly interested in it to ride - but then again, after it leaves my hands , its not my business anymore -- but im happy to say in this case, the guy was the proper height for it, and we follow each other on Strava and he is putting in some miles on the 'ol girl (well, maybe not that old )

One of the other members on here stated in another thread that this is the perfect climate for letting go of a $1000 bike for 400 bucks ( @gomango i think ) and I did exactly that

This bike is an apples to oranges comparison to the Rossin , but my example is still indicative of how poor the market is now