View Single Post
Old 05-27-20, 02:20 AM
Bassmanbob

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix EVO 3, 2015 Trek 520, 2017 Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, 2022 Moots Vamoots Disc RSL

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 140 Posts
Originally Posted by BNSF
Consider yourself fortunate to have a lifestyle that allows so much travel for personal reasons. Are you retired?
I do consider myself fortunate. I am not retired, but I make a fairly comfortable living. I also have little to no desire for material things with the exception of two really nice bass guitars and a couple of nice bikes. The basses paid for themselves and more with the part-time work my music hobby has allowed me. I can't seem to find a way for the bikes to pay for themselves. Oh well. While others in my line of work live in bigger homes and drive cars twice the price of mine, I'm comfortable with the functionality of most material objects. For example, my Kuat bike rack sits on the back of a 2013 Mazda 3 hatchback. The Washington, DC business trip was paid for by another company; I was just going to pay for the one extra hotel room night and the $40 fee for my extra bag that my folding bike fits in. Flights to Long Island from SE Florida are commonly inexpensive, and I have family to stay with when I'm there. And yes, they insist that they feed me. The trip to Oregon was my own expense, but most of it was paid for with credit card points. I realize I'm fortunate, but I also try to be smart about how I can attach some selfish fun without breaking the bank.
Likes For Bassmanbob: