Old 05-27-20, 01:18 PM
KC8QVO

Bikes: Surly Disk Trucker, 2014 w/Brooks Flyer Special saddle, Tubus racks - Duo front/Logo Evo rear, 2019 Dahon Mariner D8, Both bikes share Ortlieb Packer Plus series panniers, Garmin Edge 1000

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Bells, bells, the musical tool, the more you ring, the more they move,

the more they move the easier you pass, so ring your bell at every a$$.

Hi. My bike got some bling today. Sorry, no gold teeth or jewelry. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously, though, I finally got a bell. I've done the "on your left" announcement for years. I am hoping this helps both my voice out from not yelling anymore and I can give numerous warnings with people making their decisions on how to react before I get to them. If the dog walker with 6 dogs goes left I can go right. Not sure how it will work out, but we'll see.

I am hoping this is loud enough. Lion Bell Works with the 24-26mm clamp I read reviews and did some searching before I ordered this one (from Amazon, factory shipped - took about a week and a half to get to the US - was pretty surprised actually, estimate was out to July some time). I will say, it has a very nice sound to it! I'm glad I got it.

The mounting location is on the side of my dummy bar. It may be hard to grasp from looking at the pictures, but the spring actuator is operable with my thumb when on the right side drop. Other than that I can reach down and flick it just as easy.

Likes For KC8QVO: