Old 05-28-20, 08:39 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

now i wouldna wish to get in the way of a quarrel from that thing!

do you have a collection of arbeletes?
I used to! Powered by all manner of things, from ganged rubber bands (first iteration) to inner tubes to trampoline springs. I also had several trebuchets and mangonels, one of which was wrist-mounted like a slingshot but more accurate. I was an absolute terror to my neighbors as a child. This was the king of them all, made from a truck leaf spring, and the only survivor from my collection. It was (and still is) slightly scary to shoot, but the trigger's a rolling-nut good for 500lb I think. The cranequin could pull that as well. The first bolts/quarrels I fletched up were too weak and split down the middle when I shot them, both halves taking diverging trajectories with a mist of splinters flying generally downrange! These days I shoot with Harvard Archery Club. They "get it" when it comes to homebuilt bows.

Last edited by scarlson; 05-28-20 at 08:42 AM.
Likes For scarlson: