Old 05-28-20, 05:38 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,177 Posts
That a nice bike, reasonably priced and equipped. Issue is what can you test ride ?, do you have a road bike now ? and as the Chief said, there are a lot of options at that price point. Curious how much will you be riding on dirt/gravel ? You are in north central NJ, are there a lot of paths and gravel you expect to explore ?.

I use a Cannondale Topstone 105, same frame as Daytona’s bike. It’s aluminum as this met my price point as a 2nd bike. I purchased a compete 2nd wheel system, including disc rotors and cassette, so as to be a 1 minute swap between the gravel wheel and tire set and the road set. I also use this bike for commuting so this setup is about as flexible as you get. It’s MUCH more work if you you only have one set of wheels and want you swap tires.

OH and as BTW. I wish you well finding a bike. My local shop looks like they are half to moving or something, at least 30%-40% their floor stock is sold. I have NEVER seen them cleaned out like now. Buying a bike now is what buying toilet paper was like late March.

Last edited by Steve B.; 05-28-20 at 05:45 PM.