Old 05-28-20, 08:39 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Raleigh Pro, Trek Cycle Cross, Mongoose tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked 578 Times in 443 Posts
"i have yet to try them. i called and they told me there's at least a 10-day lag (due to COVID) and i should attempt to fix it myself." We're 20 days backlogged so I understand their situation. However we do try to accommodate our new bike customers best possible and rarely suggest they do their own repairs when the bike is still under a service warranty period.

"Front derailleur adjustment is a bit of a black art." Not sure i completely agree. However the variables with ft der adjustments are many and effect each other so i can understand why many feel this way. Perhaps it's more like playing chess. A good player understands the cause and effect of various moves better then novices do and can reach a final point faster, but can still not guaranty the outcome. Andy (reaching for a better metaphor)