View Single Post
Old 05-29-20, 08:26 PM
jc907

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
You probably meant until your foot just touches the floor? Yes, if you need it. I put the chair near a wall and put 1 or 2 fingers on the wall. I'm sure there are folks who do it just balancing..Yes, they're one-legged squats for wussies like me. I simply can't do pistol squats. My extended leg cramps every time I try it. Back when . . .back when I was on the Nordic XC team in college, I once did a squat-off with a guy on the football team, one-legged squats just balancing, not all the way down, just to parallel. He quit after about 150. I did 200 on my right leg. It helped to be 18. My prize was that I didn't have to clean the bathroom for a week. Those Nordic skiers are FIT.
Hah! Sometime after my lower back surgery, I started to feel good enough to run again but it only lasted about 4 months before I went downhill again. However, I found XC skiing was much more lenient on my back because there was very little pounding (unless I fell which thankfully was very rare) and we had excellent, well kept trails near us about 1/2 hour noth of Binghamton, NY that were simply sublime and I did find I could maintain a decent level of cardio with it, but that too became more and more difficult. The risk of falling increased with the difficulty and unfortunately that too had to stop but boy did I enjoy it while it lasted.