View Single Post
Old 04-28-03, 11:10 AM
SD Fixed
Traffic shark

Bikes: 2 fixies, 1 road, 29er in the works.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Flea77
My complaint for you is that you basically stole their services and expertise on choosing a bike, in my opinion that is. Allan
Hi Allan,

Steeling is taking something with out the permission of the owner. He stole nothing.

If the bike shop valued the service (and I consider it a service) of advice and expertise, they should charge for it. If they are loosing money hand over foot because of internet prices, they should take action: complain to suppliers, manufacturers, etc.

Basically, the advice, the time is added value to the purchaser. If that added value doesn't reach a point to convince him to purchase there, then the bike store would need to revaluate their cost, thier service, or something to make it such the buyer want's to buy.

Trek bike store sold my tires for 33. Online the tires cost 25. I found them at Preformance (formally Bike USA) for 19.99. Did I rip off Trek Bike shop when I went in to ask about tires and prices? Did I rip off the online place when I browsed their tire section and read the FAQ?

No.

I understand your point on supporting the small buisness. I'm anti starbucks to an extent. But at somepoint, there will be a break over for all of us to where we purchase based on price, not service.