View Single Post
Old 06-02-20, 10:53 AM
Emilio700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JVG
Cost us not really a concern , my question more lies with witch bike is better suited for that riding. Even say between the domane sl6 and the checkpoint sl6 . I dont think I will ever need a 50mm tire clearance but i will do some light gravel riding . But most of my riding is tarmac , I was thinking the 2020 domane with all its features paired with a 38mm tire would be very versatile and ride fast on the tarmac and good on dirt roads . I guess when I look at the I checkpoint I see a bike more suited for 70%gravel and 30% tarmac vs the domane 70%tarmac and 30%gravel. Will I loose anything being limited to a 38mm tire with this type of riding? This is my 1st bike that is not a dedicated 26mm road bike so I'm kinda in new territory thus why I'm asking opinions from somone more experienced in gravel lol any help would be appreciated
Please take a moment to read my earlier posts regarding actual (not advertised clearance). The 2020 Domane will fit a 42mm tire with 6mm clearance on each side.

Ask yourself what makes a bike suited to whatever percentage gravel. The answer is nothing. Gravel is where you ride, not what you ride. Modern "all road" bikes designed for 32mm tires are gravel bikes without the extra mounts. Same basic geometry.