Old 06-03-20, 10:41 AM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by venomx
Thanks guys done lots of research and tutorials so should be fine. I don’t want to mess with it unnecessarily and mess something up.

when removing back tyres do you guys put the bike upside down ? In the tutorials I saw, they have it upwards
Ha! We only recently opened that can of worms and stirred up the gloopy contents. Do it if it makes it easier for you. I do if it's a rear wheel, some would rather put the bike on its side or suspend it from some convenient outcropping, rather than risk scuffing up the saddle or bars. Your bike, your circumstances, your call. However, regardless of how you orientate your bike for pulling and reinstalling the wheel, remember that, when you're finalizing the wheel reinstallation, do it with the bike the right way up, with its weight on the wheel - that's the best way to ensure that the wheel is sitting squarely in the fork ends/dropouts when you lock up the QR. So, I will refit the wheel in my upside-down bike and close up the QR sufficiently to hold the wheel in, then flip it the right way up, reopen and adjust the QR for final wheel alignment and QR tightness, and lock it up.

Last edited by Litespud; 06-03-20 at 10:45 AM.