View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 06:22 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,064 Times in 572 Posts
Originally Posted by natterberry View Post
‘82 614 conversion came in at 32.5 according to my bathroom scale. That’s with pedals/bottle cage/full bag/full light setup, and my wheel set isn’t light.
Full bag, as in the bag is full? Or fully there? I'm weighing mine with pedals - Suntour Superbe Pros with alloy toe clips are about the lightest I have!

Edit: geez, the stiffener weighs 245g?! Maybe I won't ride with a full bag! That's nearly the weight difference between my boat anchor rims and some expensive Pacentis! Or that Brooks... (glances at bike while sharpening drill bit collection)
Edit 2: My stiffener weighs 225g. Not great, not terrible. Still the difference between a Brooks and something lighter. I'll give it a try without the stiffener maybe.

Last edited by scarlson; 06-04-20 at 07:43 PM.