View Single Post
Old 06-04-20, 08:02 PM
natterberry 

Bikes: ‘83/‘85 Trek 760, ‘82 Trek 614, ‘77/‘78 Trek 304, ‘74 Raleigh International

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 138 Posts
Originally Posted by scarlson View Post
Full bag, as in the bag is full? Or fully there? I'm weighing mine with pedals - Suntour Superbe Pros with alloy toe clips are about the lightest I have!

Edit: geez, the stiffener weighs 245g?! Maybe I won't ride with a full bag! That's nearly the weight difference between my boat anchor rims and some expensive Pacentis! Or that Brooks... (glances at bike while sharpening drill bit collection)
Edit 2: My stiffener weighs 225g. Not great, not terrible. Still the difference between a Brooks and something lighter. I'll give it a try without the stiffener maybe.
Waxwing bag full of its usual items - spare tube, “pencil” bag (that I stick keys and wallet in when out), tool “roll” (with Park MT-1, tire levers, patch kit, Velcro, and happened to have an 8 piece Allen set in), old toe strap, and eye glass cleaners.

My bag has an internal ABS stiffener, and the Dockit decaileur has an internal metal plate.

Pedal wise I’m using Shimano PD-M540

Edit: I also swapped my B17 Special for a Cambium 17. 125g advertised difference.
Likes For natterberry: