Old 06-07-20, 08:17 PM
jrhoneOC

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 40 Posts
RD adjustment help...

Just went from a MicroShift Advent 1x9 to a Box One 1x11 (11-50) drivetrain on my 2020 Rockhopper Comp. The system installed easily enough. I took my wheel to the LBS and had them put the rear cassette on, I didnt have the cassette tool or chain whip...and they charged me less to swap the cassette. I did the rest myself. Once installed, it feels like the RD isn't getting all the way over the big gear. The limit screw is backed out all the way to the point there is no tension on the screw at all. The chain goes to the big get pretty well. The top and bottom gears seem to work ok...the middle gears though do not. At one point it seemed the chain would go back and forth between 2 gears. I adjusted more tension to the cable and that fixed the middle gears but then the top (smaller) gears didnt shift consistently. Adjust the cable a bit more and the smaller gears and the middle gears shift pretty well, but the big gears are slow and reluctant if they go to the big gear at all. Is it me? (probably). Any tips that ca help? All the videos I watch on adjust ing the RD seem SUPER simple...adjust the limit screws, set the B spacing, adjust cable tension on the middle gears. The other thing I was thinking.....does my rear wheel need a cassette spacer to move the cassette over slightly? Also all this is done with the bike on a stand...not riding it...