Saguaro

Bikes: 1982 Nishiki Cresta, 1991 Tommasini Competizione

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperLJ View Post
Wow, pretty bike!

For the short term I’ll just deal with the 27” wheels it came with and put some Paselas on there. I just wish somebody would make a quality 27” tire wider than 1.25. There’s all kinda clearance on this bike for wider tires and fenders.

I guess the Dyads are the only 40h silver rim option these days. They look nice on your Cresta. I just always loved the CR18s cause they’re cheap and the triple-box cross-section is strong as all get out. I know they made them in 40h because I used to have one, but I gave it to a friend. Doh!
Thanks for the compliment!

The Dyads were not my first choice. My first choice were Mavic A719’s in silver. I wanted a box shaped, silver, 40 h rim with eyelets, but they were only available in black at the time. Still, no regrets with the Dyads. They are one of the lighter touring rim options along with the CR-18’s.

Changing from the original 27” wheels to 700c opens up lots of tire options as I’m sure you’re well aware. Currently running 32c Compass Stampede Pass Extralights on the Cresta and couldn’t be happier.

Really nice looking bike you got there! I’d go brown saddle and bar tape, maybe Brooks B17 with matching tape.

Last edited by Saguaro; 06-07-20 at 10:50 PM.