View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 05:32 AM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by Holm
Its a steel bike. I thought in the beginning that it was just me noticing the difference between this bike and my other bike but its so crazy its beyond "twitchy" or "loose" or anything. This badboy is a hazard at high AND low speeds now. When I corner downhill the bike is hard to keep in a straight line and in low speeds it tips over momentarily as I let go of the handlebars.

Im now in search for a good tutorial to see if the headtube is misaligned. Too bad as its a pretty sweet steel frame. Also sent the manufacturer a request what to do..
You can check the headtube allignment by removing the front fork and inserting a log straight rod -alluminium, steel or wood. Remove the seatpost and do the same there. Then look at the bike from the very front. The long rods will show whether the headtube lines up perfectly with the seatube.

Oh, bad no hands riding can be a result of a slightly bent front fork. The fork legs can be either pushed to one side or one fork leg can be slightly behind the other. I'd get the front fork checked for alignment too.

Good luck and cheers

Another method that might show up any poor alignment issues is this.

Find or create a small wet area on pavement, ride the bike straight through that wet spot and then go back and see if there are one or two tire tracks. If there are two tire tracks and you rode straight through the we spot then it means something is out of alignment.

Last edited by Miele Man; 06-08-20 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added comment