Old 06-08-20, 08:48 AM
greyfox47

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frequent Rear Wheel Flats with Conti GP5000

I have a 2 year old Trek Domane SL6 disc brake bike. Prior to about a month ago, I was running Bontrager 25mm AT series tires and joyfully hadn't experienced a single flat since mounting the tires, about 2500 mi. I decided to switch to 28mm and chose the Conti GP500 tires. That was about 250 miles ago. Since then, I've had no issues with the front wheel, but am experiencing a slow leak flat on the rear tire almost every other ride!! After each flat, I carefully feel the inside of the tire and come across nothing, not even a little debry of any kind let alone a nail, piece of glass, goat head, nothing. I haven't used any tubes rated for less than 28mm in the wheel and am my wits end with what could be causing the flats. I'll admit that the Conti are a bit of a challenge to mount but I'm careful to avoid anything to the tube that would result in a pinch. I'm riding mainly on paved roads and on gravel only when I have to. Ditto for groomed trails. Any suggestions on how to pursue this? Nothing ruins a ride sooner than a flat anywhere along it. Thanks!!