Old 06-10-20, 09:06 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
Originally Posted by ascherer
TBH it wasn't intentional. I inherited a much too small PX10 and while I was poking around for parts I happened across a set of Stronglight arms in 180 so I figured it couldn't hurt, and the seller was glad to be rid of them. I have a 35-inch inseam and usually ride 175s. The bike had 170s. Can't say I can feel a difference in terms of cranking, but a cm is a cm.
thanks for replying!

yeah, i would imagine a whole cm would. when i'd referenced leonard zinn's crank arm calculator for leg length, i came up with 175 as ideal for me. all mine are 170 and would be costly to switch. plus, it would mean ditching all my original vintage parts. so, i scrapped the idea in terms of trying to get the saddle down closer to bar height for a good fit on "too small" frames. i say too small, but really the reach on mine are fine. that leg length, though! i just couldn't see 5mm making any difference, either