View Single Post
Old 06-12-20, 11:20 PM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I would say so, as the P Zero Velos are not tubeless, but straight clinchers. The only tubeless road bike tire from Pirelli is the Cinturato Velo TLR, which are fantastic (I put about 5,000 miles on a set.) So if you had a bad experience with P Zeroes tubeless, I can see why.

Dynaplugs are designed to be used for the life of the tire, and I have done so. I've plugged tires at under 500 miles, and ridden them plugged until cords were showing at +3,000 miles. Almost everything in that quote is wrong, save for the part about not all plugs being equal.

You also don't need ot throw away a tubeless tire with a hole in it. So long as cords haven't been cut, you can patch it from the inside with a typical tube patch. I've also done that, many, many, many times.

Why? You also said bacon strips can be left in for the life of the tyre. Seems like en unnecessary extra step if you can just plug it, like you said, with a bacon strip. - I mean why all this work to seal up a system that should just self seal with Stans in the first place and that you claimed to be able to seal for the life of the tyre, with a bacon strip, in the even that liquid sealant doesn't do what its supposed to do?

From my experience, big gashes in ordinary clinchers doesn't repair well with ordinary tube patches. They stretch and the gash opens a little. Ridable in a pinch, but lumpy.