View Single Post
Old 06-16-20, 04:09 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,000 Times in 488 Posts
Originally Posted by RH Clark
I have a 2012 Surly LHT that came with Continental TourRide 26X1.75 tires. I liked them pretty well for the road but they sucked on the dirt roads my wife prefers to ride on, so I put some cheap Schwalby Black Jack 2.1's on it for the dirt roads. Much better on dirt and gravel but very hard to do any distance on the road. I need advice because I live in a rural area where county roads have been patched multiple times and weren't that smooth to begin with. The 2.1's really smooth out my rough county roads but I can really feel the difference between their rolling resistance and the resistance of the 1.75's.

I was about to put the 1.75's back on but wanted to know if there were any good options in a 26" tire that would make my LHT faster on the road then the 1.75 Tour Ride tires but still give decent cushion to rough pavement. I weigh 175 and if I get another set of tires they will only be for unloaded pleasure rides.
I like these a lot for 2.1 slicks, they are fast, cheap, and fairly light; they work great on road and light offroad. For MTBs, I prefer these to skinny slicks as they keep the original ride height intact.