View Single Post
Old 06-17-20, 01:22 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
The Terry Fly seats, while having the modern cutout,is basically the old Selle Italia seat that many pof use road and raced in the late '70s and early '80s. (II rode those seats for 20 years vut my body changed and the soft parts I could ride 150 miles on as a young man couldn't take it any more. Grooved and cutout seats were a game changer. Discovering the Fly was "oh, here is my favorite seat again - but now I can ride it comfortably!"

Except for the cutout, it doesn't look radically wrong for a vintage bike. (I believe they are made by Selle Italia (they do say "made in Italy" so the good roots are there. Very well made seats like I've cpme to expect them Selle Italia.. I have yet to have one die.)

Ben
Even the older Terry Liberator "race" models are quite good looking on an older bike. And they are pretty lightweight as well, and can be gotten cheaply.