View Single Post
Old 06-20-20, 05:36 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,944 Times in 2,637 Posts
I have a 1x9 on a New Albion Privateer frame so no need to respece but the bike is lovely though is indexed. However my old Cilo frame is a 2x9 (though unfinished) and is also 531 and I simply put a wheel in that was 130 spaced and have left it for a while and everything seems to spin fine and the brakes work just great, I just need to finish cabling it (though the cable bosses won't thread on so I have to address that issue). Granted that too will also not be friction shifted as I had some old STI levers that I got functional again and decided go for it.

The New Albion is running a 8 speed XT rear derailleur (M-737) and it works like a dream and the Cilo is running a 105 derailleur at the rear and a 600 Arabesque at the front but again not cabled so unsure if it will all play nice. If it doesn't I might just stick on some down tube shifters and put on some single speed brake levers and call it a day.