Old 06-21-20, 11:03 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1724 Post(s)
Liked 747 Times in 410 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
which dropper is that?
It's a cheap one from China I picked up on Amazon. Wanted to try one out before dropping bigger money on a decent brand. I can't remember the name but it was about $150 CAD. I'm glad I did it this way as I have been able to learn about them and see what works or what I want out of one.

The post is narrow (27.2) but that was intentional so it could fit several of my bikes. I have a road/gravel bike I wanted to try it on as well. For the fatbike I added a shim. Next time I will get a wider post for this bike as I think the narrow riser post may be a weak point. But on the gravel bike it would not travel as far and probably be strong enough. It goes low, mid, and high.

It is also external routing which makes it easy for bikes that aren't set up for internal routing. Next one will be the same.

Gotta say, for being cheap it does the job it's supposed to do, though it is a little glitchy. I had to add a bungee to the return lever because the stock spring is too weak and occasionally I have to pull the seat up a bit to lock. Other than that it works.

But it's great for mtb trails. I will definitely buy a better one when this goes or before and put this one on my old 26r rigid.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 06-21-20 at 11:11 AM.