Old 06-23-20, 05:19 AM
bonjourpanda

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Pacific Carryall Trike : how to fix front basket?

Hi. I recently got a Pacific Carryall trike for transportation during Covid. I've never had a (bi/tri)cycle before, except when I was very little. I'd like a front basket to put my keys, cash and phone in and not sure how to go about it. There's a rack at the back but I'm not comfortable putting my small important items there.

I've googled, but it looks like my brake levers are in the way of the basket, compared to pictures and instructions of other people's bicycles. I got a basket that attaches via leather straps, but it doesn't really fit. The brake levers and cables are in the way and the basket tilts towards me.

I've temporarily attached it to the head tube with the leather straps, a bag strap and lots of cable ties.

It's cable tied the back and at the bottom as well, there's a sort of sticky out metal hole thing at the base of the head tube.

It works okayish. I've been cycling around with it and nothing falls out, but the basket slowly swings.

Is there something here I'm missing? Like is there a specific kind of basket or attacher I'm supposed to be looking for?

Ideally I'd like a basket on my bike as opposed to a bag or wearing things with pockets.