Old 06-23-20, 10:45 AM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked 656 Times in 306 Posts
They should last forever - If you never ride them.

All rim brake rims are a wear component. Use and conditions can reduce or accelerate wear.

They last long enough otherwise there'd be 10,000 threads on here about how no one would ever buy them as they always wear out.

I have seen them wear out in customer's hands. Some. Those customers were ....well....riding. A lot usually. More than most people and/or in all conditions and with lots of long descents. Most that I have seen wear out were rim brake cyclocross use carbon with sand and mud braking conditions.

Regular casual road riders like 90% of this forum....never wear out.

Just make sure you have the right pads (ask manufacturer), and keep the system clean-ish between uses. In other words if you ride in a ton of slop them wash off the bike and brakes when you're done. Inspect the pads every few months and see if there is debris in them. Don't use the same pads for you aluminum and carbon. Yes you can sometimes but the alloy will get caught in the pad material and eat the shiz out of the rims.

Likes For Psimet2001: