View Single Post
Old 06-23-20, 03:48 PM
Stroudy 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
Personally, my OCD would not allow me to upgrade the rear wheel and not do anything about the front :-)
OCD - hahaha. Well, they're not the same at the moment anyway.

Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I don't know about the UK, but in the US you can't easily revisit this kind of sale with the seller. And, really, what would you want them to do?
Well, it’s just about making good on an honest sale. I spoke to the seller today 0 has suggested taking the wheel to his bike mechanic which I have agreed to do. My wife has thrown her back out so we won't be riding it for a few days at least anyway. It is our main mode of transport now - I don’t really want to get on public transport with covid still lurking - so I hope we up and running (cycling) with it soon.

I was very thorough with my last rim tape change - massive clear-out of the rims with a wire brush and alcohol cleaning - and a very close inspection. The mechanic can have an expert eye on it to see if I've missed anything and hopefully service the wheel anyway.

I've noted exactly where the punctures occurred. All in line with either side of the rim tape in 2 or 3 spots around the rim. Hopefully this will give the mechanic the info he needs to sort this out.

Thanks to you all here.

Good to know about the drag brake and MTB wheel OLN. To my knowledge, MTB are not 700c though, correct? I'm not clear whether hybrid wheels are 135.