Old 06-25-20, 07:15 AM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 923 Times in 540 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
It always amazes me 4+ months into the global pandemic that people are still not understanding there are delays all over and communication can be tough.

I had one guy on the phone as I explained to him we have 600+ bikes in the shop, more being dropped off daily and the few last bikes we still needing to be built as well as the arduous task of answering phones (3+ calls at one time sometimes) and 100s of emails and attending to people outside because of COVID-19 say "that is not an excuse" that his bike he dropped off the previous day and was told it would take at least a week should have been done today.
I really don't want to push this thread in another direction, but...

Every business has it's limitations. You can't make all the people happy all the time. But you can sure make a heck of an effort. There are competent, knowledgeable bike mechanics who would probably jump at the chance to make some extra cash working in a LBS on a temp basis. I worked in the logistics industry, and years ago when UPS went on strike we were crushed with additional work from all of our clients. All the freight that they usually gave to UPS was now going through us. We tripled our workload in about 1 day. Everyone on our 2 shifts knew what had to be done and we got it done. Everyone was working 12 hour shifts. We were virtually open 24/7. Having the extra work is a good thing. I know it might not seem like it at the time, but embrace it and show your clientele you're there for them.