View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 08:30 AM
weight4it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

weight of front wheel and Schwalbe Marathon plus tyre

Lastly the rear hinge has play in it. I might try to get a video of how much movement.

I will be keeping an eye on the front fork, I think a new Asian titanium fork can be had for £170-£270 depending on manufacturer.

Looking forward to learning how to get the bike up to a good standard again.

the saddle & pentaclip weight 0.9kg
seatpost is original titanium version including rubber brompton bung and cap head screw 0.36kg

titanium seatpost seems to be the extended length version at just under 600mm didn't realise brompton did an extended ti version.

The rear rack weight is to be confirmed, the brompton builder website is down so I cannot check the weight there but this must weigh a considerable amount.

I might try to get a lighter alternative, or just delete it for now, but I like the way it stands up on the rack for storage/ wheeling along.

my luggage scales are likely to not be accurate...

total weight is therefore 11.1 + 0.9 + 0.36 = 12.36kg

I'll be swapping the saddle for a lighter modern type, should be around 0.3kg so saves 0.5kg overall.

Please feel free to comment, especially on how you have remedied similar issues with components on your bikes.

Will likely swap the P bars for M or S style bars preferably with a bit of backsweep!

Overall I'm really pleased with the bike, it has already taken up my spare time cleaning it and it probably needs lots more TLC,

I'm excited to be working on my first brompton and titanium!

Last edited by weight4it; 06-26-20 at 02:31 PM.