Old 06-27-20, 09:56 AM
Hubertina

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant Anthem X2 rear frame/suspension bearing sizes

I bought a used Giant Anthem X2 about 9 years ago.

(I live in a climate in which there are only a few months per year of nice riding weather. I'm 70 and rarely ride more than 10 miles per outing a few times per week, practically never in rain and always on the street. This is why the original bearings are still on the bike and most ae still in good condition after 9 years.)

I would like to replace all of the rear suspension/frame sealed bearings. I'd rather buy the bearings, either individually or by a complete set, before removing the bearings and measuring them and ordering them and waiting and losing some precious summer riding time. In other words, I'd like to have all the parts and tools at hand and then spend a day replacing the bearings.

I've checked the Giant site, but as far as I can tell there is no information there about the suspension/frame bearing sizes for the X2; nor can I find a service manual for the X2 after a consdierable search on the internet.

The X2 has a vertically-mounted rear shock. I'd post photos of the bike, its suspension and bearings, but I do not yet have the 10 posts required to allow me to do that.

Does anyone know of a source for the sizes of all of the frame/suspension bearings on the X2?

While I'm typing, does anyone know of a source for the service manual for the X2, specifically?

Thanks for any information.