Old 06-27-20, 07:42 PM
trainchaser

Bikes: my bikes: Old: 1965 Schwinn 10 speed, 72 Monshee 12 speed, 77 Norco 12 speed, 95 Trek 850, two Specialized Crosstrails, 2016 Specialized carbon Sirrus. New 2020 Trek FX1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts
Fitting my new bike, leg length and seat height issues.

I bought a new 2020 Trek FX1 Disc a month ago, I really wanted the FX3 Disc but they were sold out for the year due to the Coronavirus rush on bikes.
I've been having fit issues with the bike. I've played around with getting weight off of my arms as this was my first fit issue, did some research that suggested changing the fore and aft placement of the saddle and trying different saddle heights. I have a long torso and short legs, so I was surprised when I was having issues with proper leg extension. When I have the seat height at the "proper" height for my leg extension to the pedal I can't reach the ground without jumping off the seat each time. I've never had this issue with any other bike...
I checked the measurements for the last two bikes I had that fit really well and the bottom bracket was closer to the ground, I assume that could make a difference but never thought about that when looking around for a new bike...
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions are always welcome.
Likes For trainchaser: