View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 02:42 PM
jentango

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice on new bike for almost 8 yo

Hi everyone! I am new here. My sons need new bikes and I need advice! I bike but very recreationally. My boys are almost 8, 51 or so inches with an inseam of 22. They are waaay too big for their Specialized 16" (yes, I should have changed bikes a while back, but they love this bike and they had a growth spurt recently). I do not know what to get them. I had them try the Trek 20 and they were at the top end of the seat height. They were able to ride the Trek 24, but they were just a bit above the standover height and I did not feel comfy with that. They are comfortable with standing on the balls of their feet but not on their tippy-toes when stopped on a bike. They are confident riders and we do paved, dirt and (starting to) some trails. They are interested in going to the bike parks to ride some smaller hills. I have been looking at the Priority Start 20 and would love to get feedback from anyone that has purchased this. The seat height goes to 28.5 so that is at least a couple years of riding. Also it seems maintenance free. Most bikes have the chain quite low on the tires and it seems that this can easily be damaged. I am not a bike techie at all and would not know how to fix things if anything goes wrong. I would appreciate any advice/thoughts/reviews for a bike that suits them. Thank you so much!