Old 06-29-20, 03:00 PM
tomtomtom123

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 90 Posts
The aluminum was double the price as the steel-bronze print, but 1/3rd the weight. The aluminum print is also much stronger than the steel-bronze, which is supposed to be brittle, but the load is quite small. But I oversized the parts because I was worried, so they were very heavy.

Because the old Litepro K/P adapter had fixed screw holes, I made the 3D printed part long so that it could slide, which increased the size and cost of printing. The new cheaper Litepro adapters have a slot, so the 3D printed part could be much smaller and cheaper.

I also printed 2 parts, a cable stop (because I hung the FD below the adapter) and the actual braze on part, using 2 Litepro clamps. With the new Litepro adapter, the cable stop could be much smaller.

I think I originally paid $70-80 to print both parts in steel/bronze. But with the smaller size, perhaps it would be $50-60 now. The Aluminum would still be double the price. I think I used Shapeways, but you can also check i.Materialise to compare the price. They use different formulas to calculate the price.