Old 06-30-20, 06:30 PM
kburks1230 

Bikes: Wabi Classic & 1987 Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2021 Santa Cruz 5010 S vs XT builds? It ain't adding up guys!

So I just ordered a S build 2021 5010. I was trying to compare the S and XT packages to see what the value difference in the components between the two. To me It mostly looks like it's just a switch to XT components with a Rockshox fork. Other than the carbon handlebars. The two builds were similar tiers (Sram GX vs Shimano XT) and I am not really seeing anywhere near a $1k value difference. I decided to just order the S build even though I prefer XT brakes. I will order a Rockshox Pike Ultimate fork ($700 new plus shipping) and also the $170 ($140 with a deal plus shipping) Santa Cruz carbon handlebars. At the end of the day it's way less than an XT build after I sell the takeoff Fox 32 fork for $500+ on eBay, and I get another tier up on the fork than the one spec'd on the XT package. From what I am seeing that I can buy the various components for, the S to XT value difference is more like $500 than $1k that they are charging. It would make more sense if they spec'd a Rockshox Ultimate fork at that price.

Am I missing something about the XT vs S packages does it just not add up?