Old 07-02-20, 11:17 AM
Plainsman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Ha! I hear that. If you are used to an old Giant mountain bike then almost everything is going to feel light! Most new road bikes come in under 20 lbs, the more expensive the lighter, some hitting sub 15 lbs. Even with new gravel/ cyclocross / or even flat bar hybrid you can keep it to 20-25 lbs, even in aluminum frames. As a bodybuilder, I figure most nicer new bikes you'll find will greatly pale in weight to what you do for single arm curls! But, that doesn't mean they aren't strong. The new Checkpoint will come with slightly lower gearing than the 2020 models, making it a bit more trail oriented than road. I would suggest keeping your eyes peeled and waiting for the right bike to come along. Don't be hesitant to try out different styles while you are looking so you can make informed comparisons. I assure you that the shops are as eager (or more so) as you are to get bikes back in stock. They want to sell just like you want to buy. If you can wait out the storm so to speak, you might also do a little better cost wise. In shops there isn't a ton of incentives for price cutting right now. The higher end bikes are the last to go, but I still see folks snapping them up. All depends on how badly you want to get out there and what you are willing to spend at the moment versus waiting. Granted, it's much easier to wait to buy if you already have a bike to ride.