Old 07-08-20, 01:40 PM
27inch
vintage rider

Bikes: 1937 Roadmaster, 1972 Schwinn Typhoon, 1972 Raleigh Sports

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I'm under the impression that he had a few of these, he told me he had the 25.5" (64cm), and one 21,5" model in a 414. He said someone was coming today to get the 414.
My buddy, who told me about this guy bought a pair of new old stock 1978 Raleigh's, a Super Grand Prix and a Grand Prix for $600 and $550, he's shipping the GP to someone out west who wants it. When I get done work I'm going to take the company van home and go see if I can make a deal, if the second one is still there I'm leaning toward buying both, and any other new in the box bike he's go.
The guy's a bit of a hoarder, his whole house and garage are packed with bikes, mostly all new, and he's got huge display cases all over the place with new old stock parts in them from the 70's. The problem is he won't sell anything he hasn't already decided to sell, there's no talking him into selling something he didn't already decide to let go of. He had a couple of new old stock Schwinn's that he sold before I got there last week, he wanted $500 for a 24" Varsity and $650 for a pair of Letour II's. They were gone by the time I got there. I wanted to buy the Varsity because it was identical to one I used to have but sold years ago, for almost that much back then.
He was mad because the guy who bought the Varsity turned out to be a dealer who just flipped it for a profit on FB. He made it clear that he'll never sell another thing to that guy again. He was seriously upset that the guy lied and said he wanted it for his own collection and then turned around and sold it right away.