Thread: Finally! (?)
View Single Post
Old 07-12-20, 08:57 AM
velojym

Bikes: Konas: Jake the Snake-Fire Mountain-Zing Supreme, Dew Deluxe,Zone Ltd. (frame, needs parts), Surly Long Haul Trucker, Santana Arriva tandem, Montagues: Paratrooper-Fit, Trek 1200, Bianchi Ocelot, Fantom Cross Uno, Bridgestone 200

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 122 Posts
Adding another "Finally!" to Finally!
Over the last couple weeks, the wife has been starting to ride her bike again. It's a Trek 1000 I bought her when we were dating, almost 20 years ago. She didn't put on the sort of miles I did, but was a pretty good rider all the same. We later moved to the Dallas area, and bought a tandem at Richardson Bike Mart... and proceeded to rock that town with our tandem awesomeness.
After that, you can read the story in earlier posts... married, kid, moves, still eating.... etc. etc. etc.

It's been about 15 years now since we rode the tandem, and I've been picking at it halfheartedly over the last year or so, trying to entice her into getting back on. I'm not sure exactly what inspired her to start riding over the last couple weeks, but I'll take the win. Rebuilt wheels, new tires, and a quick lube and adjust, and we were in the wind again this morning.
I have new cables and housing ready to install, and a cogset and chains on order, but this morning's ride was pretty good anyway.

Likes For velojym: