View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 08:12 AM
cabledawg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by himespau
How often do you need to do that? I've thought about that, but the pain scares me. Does it all come back at once and get stubbly or do different hairs come back at different rates?
I only just started myself but my ex-wife used to epilate her legs all the time. After about the first two times, it only needed a touch up once a month and it wasn't the thick regular hairs coming back, just small baby hairs. Epilating is literally ripping the hairs out, roots and all, so what does grow back is new hair growth. Yeah, it's a little painful. Warm bath beforehand helps. I like the punishment (no I just have high pain tolerance) so I just went at it. Did my arms one weekend, most of my torso the next (belly skin is sensitive so I'm still working on that), my lower legs one weekend and now I'm working on my upper legs and whatever I missed the first time. And as i mentioned before, put lotion (preferably with aloe) on afterwards to help calm the skin. You're going to get bumps over the epilated skin at first. Don't freak out, they go away after a day.

One other thing I noticed (and someone else mentioned it) is that my body feels cooler. I can really feel it on my legs riding in the morning to work. But overall, once I start to sweat I instantly cool down, likely because the evaporation process is unhindered by body hair.