View Single Post
Old 07-13-20, 10:26 AM
sallii3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
I am also graduated from Central High School. Class of 1978. I am now living in Baldwin. sallii3 I have an oddball lead for you. Check out Hempstead bicycle. The guy that owns it goes by the name "Moose". His actual name is Mustafa and he used to race bikes in his native Morocco. He doesn't sell new bikes but has (perhaps had) a shop full of used bikes. Most of them are low end, but he knows his stuff and has some higher end bikes. He likes Italian bikes.

He has been good to me and has been great to talk to and get oddball parts from. I never bought a bike from him and have no idea what he charges, especially now. I hate to say it but he does not have a great location on Main st, Hempstead. His hours vary too. You may want to call before you show up to be sure that he is open.

Craigslist has been crazy on bike prices and offerings. It almost seem like all the ads for vintage bikes could be listed here in Wacky Craigslist Ads.
Velo Mule thank you for the lead! I googled the shop and it has great reviews and seems to be thriving. One of the reviews mentioned that he raced in the Atlas Mountains, I was just here this past fall pre-covid and its an impression range. Excited to connect and learn from him, I was going to go to the Merrick bike shop but Moose seems to be a better match. Anyways, glad to meet another fellow alum on here, go eagles!