Old 07-15-20, 07:32 AM
apollodriver

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Bottom Bracket Assembly - which (oversized) sizes to use for my bike frame jig

i am currently working on a bike frame jig -

i am currently workin on the Bicycle-Frame-Building-Jig that is designed by tanner W at instructables

which bottom bracket assemblies should i work out:

To secure the cylinder that holds the 5/8” rod to the back plate I drilled and tapped the back of it. I drilled corresponding holes in the back plate and screwed them together. I also drilled and tapped the cylinder for small set screws. These will hold the rod securely perpendicular to the ST support. The cones are held in place on the rod with locking collars from McMaster.
The big mistake I discovered once I started building with this jig was that I made the BB cones out of aluminum. The tight fit of the steel BB shell on to the big cone causes issues once you start heating. The aluminum expands differently than steel and gets really stuck in the BB shell. I need to make new cones out of steel. Mount the BB assembly to the ST assembly at the correct position (distance from BB center to channels in the ST assembly, see drawings).
- well unfortunatly i cannot post a link - untill i have reached 10 postings.

The question is - which bottom bracket-assembly-types would you suggest!?
which axles and dummy shells should i drill

btw - see the whole descritption of the thanner frame jig - at instructables. com

love to hear from you