View Single Post
Old 07-15-20, 07:56 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 59 Posts
What to do with a Somec

I just brought a Somec bike home from the bike Exchange today. It looks to be in very good condition. About the only thing I noticed was the miss matched wheels and some ragged bar tape.

I looked the brand up on the internet and apparently this is a very special machine , custom made in small numbers for discriminating riders. sort of like having your tailor custom make a suit to your exact size.

My quandary, Should I tear it down and do my standard resto on it or would we be smarter to leave it exactly as is and put it up on E Bay. I am thinking that anyone wanting to buy this machine would want to do any work themselves or have their own retainer do it.

"Geeves, go see to the Somac will you, I may want to ride it later. and while you are out there wash the Bently too. there's a good chap. " I envision this as the kind of bike James bond would own.

Any advise welcome.