View Single Post
Old 02-10-06, 03:36 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I know that some of us do long rides, or several centurys in a year and some of us are just ging to be pleased if we can do a 20 miler for the first time. Doesn't matter what your aims are for this year- most of us are going to have to have some extra training to do that event. Just a reminder to you now- that ride will come up sooner than you think so start training NOW.

My big ride is a month earlier than usual so I have already lost a month. It is a 12 hour slog offroad so I will have to be fit for it. To keep in training over the winter I have been doing extra rides in the week but I now have to think of an extra session at the gym aswell. Then on top of that I have to start preparing the bike. Seems daft- but My ride is on a Tandem and that means that I will not be able to get any spares from the trade vans en route. So it is time to check sprockets on the Crankset- change the drive chains and get a spare run in, get the wheels away to be re-trued, And then check the whole bike for anything that is not up to standard. Then make certain that the spares kit is up to date so I don't have a last minute panic because I don't have a spare gear cable or spare set of brake pads, all of which may be required on the ride.
Am I just be Anal about my preparation , or are many of you starting to prepare for this seasons rides this early in the year? Any special hints you can pass onto the rest of us- Or are you all those fit Bu&&ars that disappear into the distance after the first 5 minutes of my ride?

Spike Milligan