View Single Post
Old 07-17-20, 12:08 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3223 Post(s)
Liked 2,050 Times in 1,172 Posts
If not using a lot of the performance metrics like Power Meter, Workouts, Segments, etc... and still want good navigation features. also look at the Edge Explore ($249). It is roughly sized between a 830 and a 1030, so a decent size map screen, is touch screen as well. I think the 830 has the newer touchscreen that is less sensitive to rain, not sure about the Explore, though both my 1000 and 1030 never gave me issues. The Explore cannot do different profiles, but that really only gets you a different screen configuration for different activities (or you can make it and label it for a specific bike). I use the same profile and screen setup for my touring and gravel bikes, only have a different one for my Di2 bike as it gives me the gear readout.

A touch screen is better than buttons for zooming and panning on a map. The Explore seems to have the same navigation functions as the 830 and 1030, according to the very sparse manual, in that it lets you find an address or pin a location to navigate too. As well, it does Return to Start functions.

Last edited by Steve B.; 07-17-20 at 12:44 PM.
Likes For Steve B.: