View Single Post
Old 07-21-20, 03:44 PM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
The primary reason for wearing "sunglasses" while bike riding is (or at least should be) to provide protection from harmful solar radiation and minimize potential for injury from any number of environmental hazards (branches, road debris etc). Secondary reason (the primary reason for many) is to look cool and sexy to whom ever they are wishing to impress 😜. I've had many types of "eye pro" over the years and yes even the "cool / sexy" ones 😉. As I age, I've decided that "cool and sexy" are less important than "high level protection"! Currently, I've been using UVEX Genesis military grade "eye pro". Clearly not as "cool and sexy" as what's available but I've found them to be way more than adequate. The impact resistance will certainly provide protection from nearly anything encountered during a bike ride. They have high level UV protection. They are scratch resistant and have an anti-fog coating. Additionally, the design incorporates airflow venting to further minimize fogging. OK, they do have a bit of a "bug eye" look but I've seen worse 🙄. That does allow for excellent vision without any interference from the frame or edges of the lens. The fit is very comfortable and the "Croakie" type retention strap keeps them in place.
Bottom line is, of course, personal preference! I do imagine that there are a great many options available that may even meet both levels of priority 👍!